Thursday, February 01, 2007

W.I.S.H.

I've been so distracted of late that this challenge sneaked up on me even though I had intended to advertise it and promote it in order to invite others who write to join in on the challenge.

Writing

Isn't

So

Hard!


So, flustered as I am, it is really important to me to revise my NaNoNovels and get the CRAP off my hard drive! I have this nightmare scenario where I die and somebody reads this trash. So, I want to improve the quality of the trash. After both the NaNo's that I won, I felt that my novels both had redeeming plots developing by the end of the month, I was even excited about them, but both contained and estimated 30,000 words of blather that I poured on the page to meet my daily minimum. I hope that my estimate turns out to be high and there is more to redeem the novels than not.

My personal challenge is to derive or produce at least one thousand words of 1st Draft quality writing from the Discovery Draft beginning with my 2005 novel: Charm

That first increment that I posted took very little effort. Future days may well be hair pulling events and I may end February without a hair left on my head.

No comments: