Monday, January 29, 2007

The concerns of the day:

There are always a great many concerns, of course.

I'm currently working hard to close out of all my old ISP business. Along with changing email addresses and setting up a new blog, there is the difficulty of what to do about all the archives from the old blog. I decided to print them out and take them down to my local copy center and have them bound into volumes. Who reads old archives, anyway?

And so, as a writer, I have just discovered a whole new difficulty with printing. Shortly before Christmas my old printer died and I bought a new one. The cartridges are so small that to print any large amount of work means buying several. I thought the old ink cartridges were expensive, but they could print several reams of paper. The total cost on this current printing project is going to go through the roof. Not to mention the necessity of this interruption in the printing process in order to go buy more. I'll have to find a solution or my old habit of printing out my current WIP every six months or so for review will be prohibitive.

Otherwise, it will be interesting to go back and read all that stuff. Again, it points to the fact that a little bit of writing adds up to a huge volume over time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear you! Back when I had to print out three copies of Viewfinder for that novel revision retreat, I thought I was going to go broke. Since then I use my quick draft printing option as often as possible since it uses less ink, and I just bought a refill kit to give that a try. I am tempted to find out how much Kinkos would charge if I just took a thumb disk in with the MS on it and let them print it.

Annie said...

Let me know how the refill kit works or if you check the Kinko's option. As this is a new concern, I haven't checked any other options yet.