Thursday, January 25, 2007

The depths of the mind:

Last night I was relaxing in a hot tub of water, letting my mind meander. I'd been thinking of baptism, really. I must have fallen into a light sleep, however, because baptism turned into Shelob's lair and myself into Frodo. Shelob was close on my heels and I was running in the dark. Just when I was about to despair, I saw a small arc of light ahead. Just as my mind was balancing what it might take to tear out into the light and whether Shelob would catch me before I could, I woke up.

I didn't recall a scene like that in the movie. And trying to remember the book didn't help me either. How I managed to be Frodo in my dream simply astounded me. If my imagination is that good, where did my writing go?

Besides that I wonder how I manage to keep my head above water while I sleep in the tub.

I said again that I wish that the NaNoWriMo would happen any other month than November. December always derails my renewed writing vigor. I haven't recovered it yet. So, now that January is nearly over, shall I reconsider my committment to write 500 words a day? Gosh, isn't that a stupid question?

At any rate, I am rethinking the possibility of posting my two NaNo novels in segments, revising as I post. Perhaps I could post blocks of a thousand words per day until I get them posted. I seriously doubt that I'll ever try to publish either one.

No comments: