Monday, April 16, 2007

Six Weird Things mime:

Not that I am popular enough anymore to actually be tagged! But I will accept Father Jake's general challenge:

Six Weird Things Mime

According to the rules I must:
1. Reveal six weird things about yourself on your blog, and
2. Tag six people to do the same.

The problem isn't coming up with six weird things, it is in admitting to them!

1. We talk for Mr. Dickens (Ike and I) and we have both fallen into a "Dickie talk" habit where we use his "voice" for nearly everything. We are losing our inhibitions and sometimes even talk like him in public. It is amazing how influential one little six-and-one-half-pound dog can be! We also have voices for each of our other animals, especially Ms. Squeaky because she always has a comment and she is so sophisticated. Naturally, for her we employ a squeaky voice.

2. I love open windows and if the weather is anywhere within the comfort zone, give or take twenty degrees, I open all that I can. I love curtains blowing in and out in the breeze.

3. I completely freeze when it comes to writing something on a greeting card or thank you note. I can jot something down on a bit of paper in no time at all. I destroy more cards in the making than ever manage to get into the mail. If I want to send out twenty-five Christmas cards, I must begin with fifty. I am especially bad about making mistakes while addressing envelopes. (That's just an example. I have no idea how many I send out in a good year.)

4. I am a night person, like Jake. I love the wee hours of the morning when all others are resting and it is intensely quiet in the house. It is my best time for pursuing the things I love doing the most, especially reading and writing. I have, however, noticed that the rest of the world likes to be active during the daytime and makes a regular habit of hounding those of us who are night-owls.

5. I am a daydreamer through and through. My mind is rarely on the task at hand or planning my day. It makes me absent-minded about daily duties and responsibilities. I've never successfully created any system that can overcome my tendency to forget what I need to do (work avoidance). A notebook is sitting on the couch next to me with three headings: To-do, needs and honey-do's, but the columns are all empty. For a brief time in my life, I successfully kept a To-Do list, but I've never managed to reinstate that desirable habit. My tendency to daydream is also my bane as a writer because I never have as much time for the writing as I do for story creation--and even revision that I do in my head!--and my story grows and morphs faster than I can get it written, leaving me with a mess I can't rectify.

6. I'm a closet health nut. Nobody would know it if they watched me. I read all food labels and I worry about any ingredient that doesn't have a common name, like salt. The more natural and less processed it is, the more likely I am to consume it. But that includes things like real butter. I only use real sugar. I love physical activity of all kinds, but hate intentional exercise. Give me a game of tennis any day! I'll walk for miles if I don't think of it as exercise--but the sheer maddening intensity with which I do everything makes focusing on exercise a total drag, second by second. I like healthy shoes or, rather, I hate cramped toes. I'm no slave of fashion when clothing binds or constrains.

Six people! Carolyn, Derek, Jim (I've never seen Jim participate in a meme), Norma, David.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That will teach me! I should have come here first, then I would have had something definite to blog about instead of rambling insanely. :)

On the up side, now I have something to do tomorrow night!

Annie said...

Carolyn! While I've got you here!

Oh, wait! Testing . . .