Saturday, March 03, 2007

"I am the vine"

I couldn't resist that title! I thought I would post a slightly closer view of the detail of the bottom of the walking stick. The color is truer in this photo, too. Click on it to see the detail even better.

Am I trying to encourage others to try carving wood? Sure! I have a couple of other wood carving objectives for when I have the time. Pick a beautiful spring day and sit outside under a tree . . .

Other than that, my brain is fairly fried today. Today was the annual bell choir festival here. An hour of playing bells can be quite taxing. Playing them from 9:00 to 3:30 is five hours beyond brain dead.

But it is beautiful. I didn't get the count on the number of choirs that made it this time, but imagine thirteen bell choirs all playing in the same room. Even with terrible accoustics, it is amazing. The sound was bouncing off the far wall and back into us and I finally figured out that it was messing with what I heard compared to what I saw written on the page. It threw me off several times. Perhaps I should just count and play and not try to listen!

Sadly, not too many people come to hear our concert at the end of the day.

No comments: