Friday, March 30, 2007

Camping out:

My whole life feels topsy-turvey. Nothing is right or comfortable. Silence can be intense when the silence is different than it has been in the past. The birds even sound different than they do at home. The trains are closer, the neighborhood is more crowded, the street has less traffic but more sound, the heater blows differently, the rain doesn't sound the same on a composite roof as on a metal roof. I moved out of this house sixteen years ago and I never thought that I would have to come back.

I've moved into my smaller house across town. I've taken the bare essentials and sometimes I find them even barer than I realized. It wouldn't hurt, for example, to have four towells instead of two. Every time I move something though I think that I might have to move it back in a week. Having no clear time horizon is the pits! It could be a week, it could be three months--it could it even be never.

No comments: