Sunday, November 18, 2007

November walk:

For a better look at these photos, click on them!



A sycamore in full fall glory at sunset!



The prairie



This was a great year for tallgrass prairie! It is as tall as my husband and he's 6'2" tall! And, yes, in case you are wondering, we were walking through it. We were hunting trees.



Photo taken from a low water bridge on Turkey Creek

This is the place that has been a game preserve of one kind or another since the 1930's when it was established by a local oil baron that we visited last week for the first time. We returned today ostensibly to locate trees for the owner to transplant near his home. The present owner runs elk and deer. What can I say? It is a beautiful place to walk and I could post twice as many photos and they are all equally beautiful!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Good-looking countryside, Annie. I used to hunt rabbits and the shots remind me of some areas here in Kentucky. No grass over my head, though, that I recall...

Annie said...

I think countryside is beautiful almost everywhere!

Kentucky is a beautiful state, Jim! We went over the countryside from east to west and north to south one year. We get off the interstates and follow the little windy roads through the small forgotten towns.

BTW, we'll be spending Thanksgiving in Louisville! Which reminds me, if I don't "see" you before then, I hope you and yours have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Annie